The American Center Dakar (ACD) provides information about America through a multitude of resources: electronic databases, websites, films, books and periodicals. We focus on information that engages audiences on topics such as democracy, the development of civil society, American art & culture, women’s issues, human rights, entrepreneurship…. If it’s about America, we have it or can find it.
The American Center Dakar is an office and facility within the Embassy’s Public Affairs Section.
- We have books, periodicals, ebooks, films and documentaries, magazines and research databases. Search our IRC Library Catalog.
- The ACD hosts 8 computers that house online resources in English and French.
- ACD staff members speak English, French and Wolof and can help you find the right resources.
- We offer programs and activities, such as weekly film showings, discussions about American art and culture, and training on eLibrary USA!
- The Embassy’s Education Advising Service holds regular information sessions next to the ACD.
See the Education Advising page for more information.
- The ACD is open to ACD members. To become a member, pick up a brochure/membership form at the main entrance of the Embassy. Fill out the simple form, attach two pictures and a photocopy of an ID.
- If you live outside Dakar, you might visit one of our four American Corners in Ziguinchor, Louga, Thies and Bissau.
- Monday – Tuesday – Thursday
9:00am – 5:00pm
1:00pm – 5:00pm
9:00am – 12:00pm