Call for applications
The U.S. Embassy is pleased to announce the 2020 Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program.
This one year, full-scholarship program is offered to mid-career professionals working at the policy-level who have a record of leadership, a commitment to public service, and the initiative to take full advantage of an independent study at a leading American university.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program brings accomplished professionals from developing countries to the United States at a midpoint in their careers for a one-year of non-degree study and related professional activities. The program seeks to foster an exchange of knowledge and mutual understanding between American citizens and professional counterparts from Senegal. Successful applicants will be placed at participating universities in the United States for the August 2020-June 2021 period.
Fields of Study
Fellowships are available in the following fields:
– Agricultural and Rural Development
– Economic Development/Finance and Banking
– Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
– Urban and Regional Planning
Democratic Institution Building
– Law and Human Rights
– Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
– Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
– Technology Policy and Management
– Human Resource Management
– Higher Education Administration
– Public Health Policy and Management
– HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
– Substance Abuse Education, Prevention, and Treatment.
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible for the Humphrey Fellowship, applicants must:
- Be Senegalese citizens;
- Hold a Master’s degree;
- Have five years of substantial professional experience (no “stages” will be considered);
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service;
- Fluency in English (candidates will sit for the TOEFL test);
More information can be found at: https://humphreyfellowship.org/
Interested candidates must apply via the following website: https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey
The deadline is May 17, 2019
For more information, send an e-mail to: FulbrightSenegal@state.gov