Solicitation for a Peace Corps Medical Officer (Closing date: November 04th, 2018 )
PERSONAL SERVICES CONTRACTOR (PSC) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Peace Corps Medical Officer
OPENING DATE: Monday, October 15, 2018
CLOSING DATE: Sunday, November 04, 2018
WORK HOURS: 40 Hrs/Week
The United States Peace Corps seeks a Medical Doctor or Nurse Practitioner to serve as a contracted Peace Corps Medical Officer (PCMO) based in Guinea. The PCMO will provide health care to U.S. Peace Corps Volunteers in Guinea and will work under the supervision of the Peace Corps Country Director in Guinea and the Peace Corps Office of Medical Services in Washington DC.
Benefits will be offered for this position in accordance with guidance provided by Peace Corps’ Office of Acquisition and Contract Management. Of particular note, relocation costs and certain other benefits will not be provided for applicants residing in the United States when applying for this position and may not be provided for other applicants.
- Routine primary health care to Peace Corps Trainees and Volunteers including treatment of common illnesses and injuries in accordance with Peace Corps medical guidelines
- Individual short-term counseling on disease prevention, adjustment issues, stress management and cross-cultural problems
- Response to emergency medical situations
- Member of Senior Peace Corps staff in Guinea
- Ability to conduct trainings on health related issues
- Site visits to Peace Corps Volunteers throughout Guinea
- Administrative tasks of the medical office including budget management
- Inventory of medical supplies and equipment
- Alternate 24 hour on- call duty with the other PCMO
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Graduate of accredited school
MDs must be a graduate of a school listed in this link, Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research https://search.wdoms.org/
- Current license to practice
- Relevant clinical experience in primary care after medical school
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral /written
- Experience in managing mental health issues including counseling of patients
- Experience in training design and presentation of health related material
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook
- Program management, administrative experience
- Ability to work effectively as part of an intercultural team
- Hardworking, reliable and diligent with good inter-personal skills
- Willing to travel to sites in Guinea
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to obtain an American visa
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered:
- A completed PCMO Application form, a completed PCMO applicant skills survey, a completed Privileging form. The applicant must complete this request for privileges depending on their professional
- A resume or C.V. that includes:
- Professional positions held, identifying duties, responsibilities, dates of employment and reason for leaving
- Education and training, identifying universities attended, dates of attendance, degrees and
- Professional licenses, certificates, registrations
- An accounting for periods of unemployment longer than three months
- Three professional medical references, with at least two being from medical colleagues who have directly observed the applicant in a clinical setting. (One must also be from the current employer.)
- Photocopies of:
Academic diplomas. Pease note, in addition to a copy of the academic diploma, the applicant must submit an official academic transcript and curriculum.
Professional licenses. If the license does not have an expiration date, written confirmation must be submitted directly from the issuing authority. Please note, if a license is not required, rather, the medical diploma is the license to practice, written confirmation, issued directly from the professional medical board, Ministry of Health or other appropriate regulatory authority establishing that the candidate is properly credentialed for medical practice, is required.
Certificates of all post graduate training, internships, residencies, fellowships
- A cover letter
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed
- The candidate should also provide the following:
a.Date of birth
b.Place of birth
e.Passport issue date
f.Passport expiration date
All documents must be in English. Official translation is not required.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Attention: Contracting Officer
Peace Corps Guinea
Applications will only be accepted by e-mail to email@example.com.
Applications must be received no later than November 04, 2018 at 00:00 hrs.
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Solicitation for a Human Resources Assistant (Closing date: October 18th, 2018 )
U.S. Mission DAKAR, SENEGAL
Announcement Number: Dakar-2019-003
Position Title: Human Resources Assistant
Opening Period: October 04th, 2018 – October 18th, 2018
Series/Grade: LE 0305, FSN-07
Salary: (F CFA) 10,106,983 – (F CFA) 10,106,983
For More Info: Human Resources Office
Who May Apply: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Dakar/ Senegal is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Human Resources Assistant.
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time 4 weeks of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: The incumbent serves as a Human Resources Assistant and is responsible for a wide range of administrative tasks dealing with management of personnel and maintaining smooth operations in the Human Resources (HR) Office. Basic functions include, but are not limited to: processing LE Staff personnel actions, monitoring the performance evaluation process, maintaining records and personnel files, updating the post personnel system to ensure real time data integrity and maintaining the recruitment portfolio. This position has no supervisory responsibilities and reports directly to the Human Resources Specialist and provides administrative support to the Regional HR Officer.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EDUCATION: Completion of two-years of college/university studies is required.
EXPERIENCE: At least 2 years of experience in human resources administration or business management field is required.
LANGUAGE: Level 4 (Fluent, Reading/Speaking/Writing) in French is required, Level 4 (Fluent, Reading/Speaking/Writing) in English is required, Level 2 (Limited Knowledge, Reading/Speaking/Writing) in Wolof is required. (This will be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Excellent computer skills with ability to manage a database run queries and generate reports required. Mastery of all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) with ability to use Outlook features for efficient planning of work is necessary. (This will be tested.)
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits: Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Dakar/Senegal may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va.
How to Apply: Applicants must complete the following application process to be considered:
- Create an account on the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) Website at https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/sen/vacancysearch/searchVacancies.hms.
- Choose Announcement Number DAKAR-2019-003 Human Resources Assistant and complete the online application.
- Upload any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. resume, cover letter, degrees certificates, wok permits & SF 50 if applicable) into the Electronic Recruitment Application system.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Cover Letter
- High School diploma
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Dakar/Senegal.