Le Bureau des Affaires Culturelles sélectionne les participants aux programmes d’échange sponsorisés par le gouvernement américain sous les auspices du programme Fulbright. Sous le programme « African Senior Research Scholar, » les professeurs d’université peuvent poursuivre des projets de recherche dans des universités américaines ou institutions similaires. Pour le programme » Junior Staff Development, » de jeunes professeurs peuvent étudier pour un diplôme plus avancé (Masters ou Ph. D.) dans une université américaine. Quant au programme Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship, il permet aux Sénégalais de combiner la théorie à la pratique par des stages : ce programme ne débouche pas sur la délivrance d’un diplôme. Tous ces programmes sont très sélectifs, à la fois entre les appliquants du Sénégal et entre les citoyens des autres pays qui participent également au programme. Le Bureau aide également les professeurs américains ainsi que les chercheurs affiliés aux institutions sénégalaises, qui sont sous les auspices du programme Fulbright. La section essaie d’aider ceux qui ne sont affiliés à aucune institution en répondant aux questions qu’ils ont concernant le Sénégal.
2022 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program (Closing date: June 1st, 2021)
2022 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
Call for applications
The U.S. Embassy is pleased to announce the 2022 Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program.
This one year, full-scholarship program is offered to mid-career who have a record of leadership, a commitment to public service, and the initiative to take full advantage of an independent study at a leading American university.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program brings accomplished professionals from developing countries to the United States at a midpoint in their careers for one-year of non-degree study and related professional activities. The program seeks to foster an exchange of knowledge and mutual understanding between American citizens and professional counterparts from Senegal. Successful applicants will be placed in participating universities in the United States for the August 2022-June 2023 period.
Fields of Study
- Fellowships are available in the following fields:
Human and Institutional Capacity:
- · Economic Development
- · Finance & Banking
- · Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- · Technology Policy and Management
- · Human Resource Management
Rights and Freedoms:
- · Communications and Journalism
- · International Religious Freedom
- · Law and Human Rights
- · Trafficking in Persons Policy & Prevention
- · Agricultural and Rural Development
- · Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- · Urban and Regional Planning
- · Contagious and Infectious Diseases
- · Public Health Policy and Management
- · HIV&AIDS, Policy and Prevention
- · Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention (see 4b)
- · Educational Administration, Planning, and Policy
- · Higher Education Administration
- · Teaching English as a Foreign Language
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible for the Humphrey Fellowship, applicants must:
- – Be Senegalese citizens.
- – Hold a master’s degree.
- – Have five years of substantial professional experience (no “stages” will be considered).
- – Demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service.
- – Fluency in English (candidates will sit for the TOEFL test).
- – Alumni from State department exchange programs are not eligible.
- – People who have studies in the U.S. are not eligible.
Application/Selection Process More information can be found at: https://humphreyfellowship.org/ Interested candidates must apply via the following website: https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey
DEADLINE IS June 1st, 2021
For more information, send an e-mail to: FulbrightSenegal@state.gov
– Round-trip economy international travel for the grantee.
– Tuition and university fees.
– Limited accident and sickness insurance for the grantee only.
Fulbright FLTA program (Closing date: March 26, 2021)
FULBRIGHT FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHING ASSISTANT (FLTA)
SELECTION FOR 2022
This call for application is for Senegalese citizens residing in Sénégal. Please see below for more information on the eligibility criteria.
Program Description: The Fulbright FLTA Program is a nine-month, ECA-funded, non-degree program for early career (not more than seven years of teaching experience) English teachers or professionals in related fields. In preparation for their return to careers in their home countries at the conclusion of the program, participants have the opportunity to refine their teaching skills, increase their English language proficiency, and extend their knowledge of the society and culture of the United States while serving as teaching assistants for their native language to U.S. students and strengthening foreign language instruction at U.S. colleges and universities. Fulbright FLTA participants also interact with their host communities in conversation groups, extracurricular activities, and community outreach projects.
Fulbright FLTA participants must return to their home countries upon completion of the program.
Fulbright FLTA participants may assist in up to twenty hours of Wolof language classes a week and are required to enroll in at least two courses per semester, one of which must be in U.S. Studies. Coursework is offered on either an audit or a credit basis. Fulbright FLTA participants will also be expected to facilitate cultural events, language clubs, and language tables.
Fulbright FLTA participants will be required to attend two activities, which are sponsored by ECA and coordinated by the Institute of International Education (IIE). There is both an orientation after participants’ arrivals in the United States and prior to their arrivals at U.S. host institutions as well as a mid-year conference. Upon arrival in the United States, attendance at a U.S.-based orientation during summer 2021, prior to arrival at host institutions in August, is required of all Fulbright FLTAs. Additionally, Fulbright FLTA participants will be required to attend a mid-year enrichment conference in the United States (December 2022) to receive additional training on teaching techniques and pedagogy and share information about their current teaching experiences with other Fulbright FLTA participants.
Background: The Fulbright FLTA Program has been an integral part of the Fulbright Foreign Student Program since 1968.
Eligibility and Ineligibility Factors: Applicants are typically teachers of English or in training to become teachers of English, and at minimum must possess the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor’s degree by June 1, 2022 to allow time to submit an official transcript prior to the start of the Fulbright FLTA Program. Applicants must also have a maximum of 7 years or less of teaching experience. Fluency in English is mandatory, demonstrated by a score of no less than 550 (paper based TOEFL); 213 (computer based TOEFL – CBT); 79-80 (internet based TOEFL – IBT) or 6.0 (overall score International English Language Testing System – IELTS). Satisfactory TOEFL or IELTS scores should be obtained from candidates prior to the interview stage.
Applicants must demonstrate maturity, dependability, integrity, and professionalism. FLTA applicants should be energetic, early career educators capable of succeeding in the dual role of teaching assistant and student. They must be open to living with their U.S. student peers in undergraduate or graduate level campus housing and engaging with faculty and staff with maturity and professionalism.
Applicants must be residing in their home countries throughout the nomination and selection process and must intend to return to their home countries immediately following the nine-month FLTA program. ECA will not support any extension requests for FLTAs. Participants must fulfill the two year home residency requirement required by exchange participants’ J-1 visas, in which they pledge to demonstrate their commitment to enhancing mutual understanding by returning to their home countries and sharing the skills and knowledge that they have gained as program participants. Applicants with active applications for permanent residency or the green card lottery will not be considered. Candidates who have a history of repeatedly attempting to immigrate to the United States are not eligible.
Eligibility (please do not apply if you do not fulfill below criteria)
- Be a Senegalese citizen residing in Sénégal,
- Be a teacher of English recognized by the Government of Sénégal with a maximum of 7 years of experience,
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree,
- Have a very good level of English (a TOEFL score of 79 will be required for the preselected candidates),
- Have the skills to teach Wolof to native Americans,
- Alumni from State Department programs are not eligible for this program.
Interested candidates may apply via this website: https://apply.iie.org/flta2022 until March 26, 2021.
Please note that due to a high number of applications we receive, only preselected candidates will be invited for an interview.
For any questions, please email: FulbrightSenegal@state.gov
Afridea call for applications (Closing date: March 31, 2021)
Vous êtes porteurs d’idées ou entrepreneurs ?
Vous avez des solutions numériques innovantes de lutte contre COVID-19 ?
Jusqu’au 31 Mars, postulez à AfrIdea pour avoir une chance de participer à une idéation de 3 jours à Conakry (Guinée) et la possibilité de gagner jusqu’à 10,000 $.
Ouvert aux innovateurs de la Guinée, du Mali, du Sénégal et du Togo âgés de 18 à 35 ans dans les secteurs de l’économie, de l’éducation et de la santé, Afridea est parrainé par le Département d’État Américain et Pact.
Les candidatures féminines sont encouragées.
Postulez maintenant sur : https://pact.ideascale.com/a/register
Les détails du programme sur la plateforme https://pact.ideascale.com/
Pour vos questions, contactez-nous à email@example.com
Suivez les pages Facebook et LinkedIn pour ne manquer aucune information :
Enclosed: Afridea FAQ (PDF104Kb)
OneBeat 2021- Programmes virtuels (Closing date: March 10, 2021)
OneBeat 2021- Programmes virtuels
Les artistes de hip-hop, les groupes de jazz, les musiciens classiques, les concepteurs de son, les beatmakers, les artistes multimédia, les DJs, les ingénieurs de son ou ceux combinant deux ou plusieurs de ces styles sont invités à participer au programme One Beat 2020 qui durera un mois aux États-Unis.
Ce programme du département d’Etat américain offre la possibilité de se réunir avec des musiciens du monde entier pour collaborer à la création et à la performance de nouvelles musiques, partager et développer des façons d’utiliser la musique pour influencer positivement les communautés, encourager la compréhension interculturelle et favoriser des méthodes permettant à diverses personnes d’aborder de manière créative et collaborative les problèmes universels. Les critères de sélection sont les suivants :
- Etre de nationalité sénégalaise ;
- Etre âgé € de 19 à 35 ans ;
- Avoir un très bon niveau en anglais lu, parlé et écrit ;
- Être un excellent musicien qui innove ;
- Avoir un intérêt particulier dans l’engagement social ;
- Avoir un sens élevé de la collaboration ;
- N’avoir jamais bénéficié de programmes du département d’état américain ;
Postulez en ligne via le site web One Beat – onebeatvirtual2021.fsn-apply.org jusqu’au 10 mars 2021
Plus d’information sur ce site : https://1beat.org/resources/
Fulbright Foreign Student Program for 2022 (Closing date: Friday March 4, 2021)
FULBRIGHT FOREIGN STUDENT PROGRAM FOR 2022
Call for applications
The U.S. Embassy is pleased to announce the call for application for the Fulbright Foreign Student program for 2022.
This scholarship is for people who are interested in earning a 2-year master’s degree from a U.S. University.
Candidates may apply via this website: https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2022/
The deadline to apply is Friday March 4, 2021.
- Candidates must be Senegalese citizens residing in Sénégal;
- People who have studied in the U.S. for over a semester are not eligible;
- Candidates must have a highly qualified academic background;
- Candidates must have a master’s degree or completed Master 1 + 2;
- Candidates must have a strong level of English (reading, writing, and speaking);
- Candidates must be serious and motivated to properly conduct their program and return to Sénégal after completion;
- Candidates who have already benefited from State Department exchanges are not eligible;
Candidates in STEM fields, women and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- TOEFL, GRE, GMAT tests are required;
- The final selection will be done by the Washington D.C. Fulbright committee;
- Successful candidates will be traveling in 2022;
Please note that due to the large number of applications, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Questions may be addressed via e-mail: FulbrightSenegal@state.gov