Location: Senegal, countrywide
Event: On March 16, the Government of Senegal announced the suspension of all air travel to and from France, Belgium, Portugal, Spain, Algeria, and Tunisia for 30 days beginning at midnight Wednesday, March 18. At present, other international flights remain operational, but ticket availability is limited.
Travelers are encouraged to contact their airline for the most current flight information and should be prepared for additional screening and travel restrictions or cancellations to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 3 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
Additional information will be posted to the Embassy’s Facebook and Twitter feeds as well as the Embassy’s web site as it becomes available. The United States Mission reminds all U.S. citizens in Senegal to complete the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at https://step.state.gov/step/. STEP is a free service to help the U.S. Embassy contact American citizens in an emergency.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Senegal.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Dakar, Senegal
Route Des Almadies
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Senegal Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter