Location: Senegal, countrywide
Event: On March 19, the Government of Senegal announced the suspension of all air travel (with limited exceptions), both entering and leaving Senegal. The restriction will go into effect on 20 March 2020 at 11:59 pm until 17 April 2020.
On March 15, Peace Corps suspended activities in response to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, and is in the process of evacuating Peace Corps Volunteers globally with the intention of resuming activities at some point in the future.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 3 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departurefrom any diplomatic or consular post in the world of US personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
Additional information will be posted to the Embassy’s Facebook and Twitter feeds as well as the Embassy’s web site as it becomes available. The U.S. Embassy in Senegal reminds all U.S. citizens in Senegal to complete the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at https://step.state.gov/step/. STEP is a free service to help the U.S. Embassy contact American citizens in an emergency.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Senegal.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Dakar, Senegal
Route Des Almadies
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Senegal Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebookand Twitter