Location: Senegal, countrywide
Event: Additional Government of Senegal Measures to Respond to COVID-19
On March 23, the President of Senegal declared a State of Emergency and announced several new measures to respond to COVID-19 that may affect U.S. citizens in Senegal, including: institution of a daily 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. curfew; increased regulation of the movement of people, vehicles, and goods; prohibition of parades, rallies, and public demonstrations on public roadways; closure of public meeting places; and the prohibition of public or private meetings. The government of Senegal has authorized the military to enforce these orders.
Given the closure of airports and reduction of flight options worldwide, U.S. citizens should be prepared to remain outside the United States for an extended period.
Visit the local government COVID-19 website for updated information.
The U.S. Embassy Dakar has suspended all routine consular services, including routine American Citizen Services. Monitor our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Senegal. The U.S. Embassy remains open for emergency American Citizen Services, please contact us by email at DakarACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Senegal.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Monitor the official Senegalese Ministry of Health website and World Health Organization sitefor updates.
- U.S. Embassy Dakar, Senegal
Route Des Almadies
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Senegal Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter