Event: The Government of Senegal had reported 119 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Senegal
As of March 27, the Ministry of Health had reported 119 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Senegal, and the Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19. We recognize this has been a challenging period for many of our fellow Americans, particularly those of you seeking to depart Senegal after the suspension of international flights from the airport in Dakar.
The U.S. Embassy is not aware of any future commercial flights to the United States during the Government of Senegal’s declared suspension of travel. The Department of State is exploring potential options to organize a charter flight for U.S. citizens from Senegal. In the event that an opportunity becomes available, we are asking you to inform us of your desire to return to the United States.
Please complete this form to provide your information to the U.S. Embassy in Dakar. If you have already completed the form or have supplied the U.S. Embassy with the information requested on the form by email, you do not need to provide it again. See instructions below if you have trouble accessing or submitting the form.
In the event a repatriation flight became available, we would provide you with logistical information including the departure date, destination in the United States, and cost per seat. It is important to note that these seats are traditionally offered at-charge on a first-come, first-serve basis to U.S. citizens and, space permitting, for qualifying non-citizen dependents. Private U.S. citizens seeking to depart would be required to sign a promissory note agreeing to repay the cost of the flight to the U.S. government after their return to the United States.
Any potential repatriation flight would depart from the Blaise Diagne International Airport (DSS) near Dakar. The current State of Emergency in Senegal requires travelers between regions to obtain permission from regional governors, and the number of passengers permitted in public ground transport is limited. All travelers must arrange their own transportation to the airport, and those outside of Dakar must also obtain their own permission to travel to the airport in Dakar from regional authorities.
If you have trouble submitting the form, please send an email to DakarACS@state.gov with the subject line “Return Travel to the U.S.” Please include the following information for each U.S. citizen or U.S. legal permanent resident guardian accompanying minor children in your family or group:
- Full name as it appears on your passport
- Citizenship (only for Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S.)
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Date of passport issuance and expiration
- Email address and contact phone number
- Current location
Interested parties should also verify that their passports and other documentation are current and valid for at least six months from today’s date. For emergency American Citizen Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information at https://sn.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see theCDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit ourEmbassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Senegal.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Monitor the official Senegalese Ministry of Healthwebsite and World Health Organization site for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Dakar, Senegal
Route Des Almadies
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Senegal Country Information
- Enroll inSmart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us onFacebook and Twitter