Welcome to the Consular Section in Dakar, Senegal
Operation information during COVID-19 situation
- The Department of State and the U.S. Mission to Senegal and Guinea-Bissau have arranged a special chartered flight for U.S. citizens and U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents departing Dakar Blaise Diagne International Airport on the morning of April 9, 2020. The flight will land at the Dulles International Airport in Washington, D.C. The U.S. Embassy does not anticipate that there will be additional charter flights after April 9. Any U.S. citizens wishing to depart Senegal due to the COVID-19 outbreak should strongly consider departing now.
- Please see details on our COVID-19 webpage.
- Routine American Citizen Services are temporarily suspended. A routine service includes: U.S. passport and CRBA applications, CRBA pick-ups, and notarials. If you need a passport for immediate travel or need to pick-up your passport for immediate travel, please email DakarACS@state.gov to make arrangements.
- In response to COVID-19, the Government of Senegal has currently suspended all international air travel and closed land borders. If you are a U.S. citizen and would like to be notified of any potential future flights departing Senegal for the United States, please see the information on our COVID-19 webpage.
- For emergency, non-COVID-19 related situations (such as medical emergencies, deaths or arrests involving American citizens) call (221) 33-879-4000.
- Enroll in STEP to receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions and to help the U.S. Embassy contact you in an emergency.