Welcome to the Consular Section in Dakar, Senegal
Operation information during COVID-19 situation
- Please see information, including requirements for travelers to Senegal, on our COVID-19 webpage.
- Beginning September 28, we will accept a limited number of routine U.S. passport renewal applications on Monday and Wednesday mornings by appointment only. We will prioritize individuals whose passport is already expired or will expire within 30 days. To request an appointment, please email DakarACS@state.gov and include a photo of your passport. All application, fee, and documentation requirements apply. See the Embassy website for additional details.
- Entrants to the U.S. Embassy are subject to COVID-related rules and precautions. If you do not feel well, please wait to request an appointment.
- If you need a passport for immediate travel or need to pick-up your passport for immediate travel, please email DakarACS@state.gov to make arrangements. Please include a photo of your passport and your travel information.
- All other routine American Citizen Services remain temporarily suspended. A routine service includes: CRBA applications, CRBA pick-ups, and notary services.
- For emergency, non-COVID-19 related situations (such as medical emergencies, deaths or arrests involving American citizens) call (221) 33-879-4000.
- Enroll in STEP to receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions and to help the U.S. Embassy contact you in an emergency.
- To return your election ballot, if you plan to use the diplomatic pouch, ballots may be dropped off at the U.S. Embassy’s service entrance at the rear of the Embassy, Monday – Thursday from 7:30 – 18:30 and Fridays from 7:30 – 14:30. You may drop off your signed and completed ballot in a sealed, addressed envelope bearing sufficient postage in the drop box marked “BALLOTS.” If you plan to use the diplomatic pouch, to allow processing time between Department of State and U.S. Postal Service systems, your ballot must be received by the U.S. Embassy in Dakar no later than 18:30 on October 1, 2020. Ballots received after that date will be forwarded, but may arrive too late to be counted. Please visit our Voting page for more detailed information.