Welcome to the Consular Section in Dakar, Senegal
*** Effective January 26, all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel. Alternatively, travelers to the U.S. may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions. ***
Operation information during COVID-19 situation
- Please see information, including requirements for travelers to Senegal, on our COVID-19 webpage.
- We have resumed limited routine processing of U.S. passport and CRBA applications, as well as notarial services on Mondays and Wednesdays. All service requests are by appointment only.
- All application, fee, and documentation requirements for passports, CRBAs and notarial services apply.
- Please note that capacity is limited, and applicants should expect significant wait times for consular service appointments.
- CRBA appointment requests, please email DakarACS@state.gov. Your patience with scheduling is appreciated.
- To schedule a notary service appointment, please click here.
- To schedule a non-emergency passport appointment, please click here.
- We also continue to accept application requests for emergency, limited-validity passports for individuals with urgent business or medical travel. Please email DakarACS@state.gov and include a photo of your passport and information regarding your travel.
- Entrants to the U.S. Embassy are subject to COVID-related rules and precautions. If you do not feel well, please wait to request an appointment.
- Applicants are permitted to bring the following optional items to their appointment: supporting documentation for application; house and/or car keys; and wallet. Applicants who arrive for their appointment carrying prohibited items, which include, but are not limited to, electronics, liquids, sharp objects, food, and bags or purses, will not be permitted to enter the Embassy. No storage is available, so please make arrangements for these items prior to your visit to the Embassy.
- For emergency, non-COVID-19 related situations (such as medical emergencies, deaths or arrests involving American citizens) call (221) 33-879-4000.
- Enroll in STEP to receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions and to help the U.S. Embassy contact you in an emergency.