Effective April 2, 2018, the passport execution fee will increase from $25 to $35. The $10 execution fee increase applies to U.S. passport applicants using the DS-11 form including: first-time applicants over age 16, children under age 16, and applicants who reapply after reporting their previous passport lost or stolen.
Customers applying with the DS-11 form at a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad pay two separate fees: an application fee to the U.S. Department of State and the execution fee to the Passport Acceptance Facility (such as a post office in the United States or a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad). Accordingly, the total passport fee for such applicants will increase by $10 in total.
The $10 fee increase does not apply to adults eligible to renew their passport using the DS-82 form. The Department of State published a Final Rule confirming this fee change on January 31, 2018.
For questions, please contact us at DakarACS@state.gov
Note: All routine consular services at the U.S. Embassy Dakar, Senegal are provided by appointment only to U.S. citizens visiting or residing in Senegal or Guinea-Bissau. Emergency cases (such as medical emergencies, deaths or arrests involving American citizens) will still be handled on a walk-in basis during normal Embassy hours or after hours by calling the Embassy duty officer.
Steps to Take Before Scheduling Your Appointment at the U.S. Embassy, Dakar Senegal
- Review our website to determine the specific service you need.
- Ensure that all applications, forms, and additional documents are completed correctly before you come to your appointment. Photo copies of all original documents are required and cannot be done at the Embassy.
- Print your appointment confirmation letter and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Schedule one appointment per applicant per service through the link listed below. For example if you have two children where each requires a passport renewal, each child must have his or her own appointment. If you have questions about what type of appointment you require, email DakarACS@state.gov for more assistance. Duplicate appointments for the same service will be deleted in the system without notice.
- Cancel your original appointment in the system if you need to change the date. In order to cancel your appointment you will need a password which you can find on your appointment confirmation letter. Please email DakarACS@state.gov for assistance.
- Arrive on time for your appointment. If you are late to your appointment you may be asked to reschedule your appointment. When you arrive at the Embassy, please inform one of the guards that you are a U.S. citizen with an appointment and go directly to the Consular Receptionist window.