If your passport was lost or stolen, you must appear in person to apply for a new U.S. passport and present the following required items. The Consular Section cannot accept incomplete applications.
- Complete and signed Form DS-64 (Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport) (PDF 47 KB)
- A local police report if the passport was stolen.
- Two full-face 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) identical color photographs taken within the last six months with a white or light background. Photo shops in Dakar.
- Proof of citizenship such as an original U.S. birth certificate. If you cannot obtain proof of citizenship, the Consular Section can access previous passport applications to verify your citizenship.
- Proof of identity, such as a photo identification card and a photocopy.
- Cash fee of $145 or equivalent in CFA ($115 for minors)
To prevent identity theft, please report a lost or stolen passports as quickly as possible. If you find a passport that has already been reported as lost or stolen, it is invalid and cannot be used for travel.