If you are replacing a 10-year validity passport that was issued within the last 15 years and you are able to present this passport, you can apply for a new passport using Form DS-82 (PDF 84 KB). You do not need to appear personally at the U.S. Embassy and can send the completed form and original passport to the U.S. Embassy with someone you trust. Please do not send the application and passport by mail.
- Completed and signed DS-82 (PDF 84 KB). You may also use the form-filler on our website to print off the application. If the applicant has a social security number, it MUST be included in the application in order for the application to be considered complete.
- Two full-face 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) identical color photographs taken within the last six months with a white or light background. Photo shops in Dakar.
- Original U.S. passport and a photocopy.
- Cash fee of $110 or equivalent in CFA.
If you are applying for your first adult passport; are replacing a lost, stolen, or mutilated passport; or are not able to present a 10-year validity passport that was issued within the last 15 years; you must appear in person to apply for a new U.S. passport.
- Completed, but not signed, DS-11(PDF 102 KB) — Do Not Sign until instructed to by a consular officer.
- Two full face 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) identical color photographs taken within the last six months with a white or light background.
- Proof of citizenship, such as a previous U.S. passport or original birth certificate, and a photocopy of each document presented.
- Proof of identity, such as a photo ID, and a photocopy.
- Cash fee of $145 or equivalent in CFA.
The Consular Section can only accept cash fees in U.S. Dollars or the equivalent in CFA. We regret that we cannot accept checks or credit cards.